February 9, 2017
English Teacher, Full-Time
Kehillah Jewish High School is seeking an enthusiastic, innovative, and qualified full-time Humanities teacher who is experienced teaching across the entire English high school curriculum. Experience in history is a plus.
Requirements include at least three years as a lead teacher in a high school, ability and experience teaching English, and a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited educational institution; master’s degree a plus. The ideal candidate will be a thoughtful and reflective educator who will actively engage students in the learning process, nurturing a life-long love of learning and a passion across the Humanities spectrum. The successful candidate will also have a demonstrated interest in developing new curricula, educational technology, and a deep concern for educational access, diversity and inclusion.
In addition to teaching responsibilities, all faculty members undertake student advisory roles, participate in class trips, mentoring student clubs, as well as undertaking various duties that contribute to the life of the school. Kehillah has a well-developed culture of flexibility, mutual respect, and collaboration both in and out of the classroom. This position reports both to the Dean of Humanities and to the Principal and begins in August, 2017.
About Kehillah Jewish High School
Kehillah Jewish High School is distinguished by an exceptional academic program and a supportive environment that pairs rich traditions with the best of the Silicon Valley mindset. At Kehillah, students embark on a journey of self-discovery guided by a community of passionate educators. They graduate with the knowledge, values, and community that enable them to create extraordinary futures. Kehillah has a well-developed culture of flexibility, mutual respect, and collaboration both in and out of the classroom.
• Experienced in best practices in education and pedagogy.
• Skilled at creating curriculum from overarching ideas or themes.
• Adept at planning differentiated enriching learning opportunities.
• Effective at implementing positive classroom management techniques.
• Confident at working independently as well as collaboratively.
• Experienced in implementing innovative methodologies, lectures, demonstrations, and activities which foster active learning.
• Improves skill and knowledge base in current trends, research and methodology in instructional techniques, technology, multicultural content, problem solving and interdisciplinary connections.
• Facilitates and encourages a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
• Proficient at competently assessing student performances and preparing comprehensive assessments for the student, parents, and school administrators.
• Skillful at identifying key texts, ideas, materials and supplies that work to reflect the school's mission of academic excellence.
• Confidently and tactfully communicates with students, teachers, and families to ensure the highest quality educational experience for our students.
• Attends and actively participates in staff/faculty meetings and provides input regarding the planning of instructional goals, objectives and methods.
• Able to attend workshops/conferences throughout the year.
• Excellent attendance and punctuality.
• Minimum of three years teaching high school English from entry level to advanced classes.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited educational institution; master’s degree a plus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment (with or without reasonable accommodations)
• Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
• View and operate a computer frequently and consistently, in regards to primary work functions
• Communicate effectively with school population
• Sufficient manual dexterity to be able to operate all office equipment including but not limited to computers, copy machines, and telephones
• Travel safely and comfortably across a 50,000 sq. ft. campus often several times in a workday
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with the candidate's education and experience. Kehillah has a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, vision, LTD, 403(b) FSA, retirement plan, and more. Pre-employment background screening is required for all positions. Requirements include a fingerprinting/ background check, TB test, and verification of authorization to work in the United States (I-9).
Please do not contact the school by phone or address your materials to any addresses other than the one below. Please apply online by sending a resume, cover letter, and at least one letter of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Kehillah Jewish High School, visit our website at: http://www.kehillah.org.
Kehillah Jewish High School is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Kehillah are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, ancestry, or any other status protected by Federal, state, or local laws or regulations. Kehillah will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.